Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 391: Me as the World Systems - The Judicial System




I have had an interesting conversation recently about how Islam views Jail as an inhumane solution.
Apparently giving a man 'Life' in jail is unthinkable within Islamic paradigm, that would mean that the man has no chance for redemption plus, given that jail is not a redemption centre and in no ways support anyone to correct themselves - why are we jailing people at all?

In some systems Jail is a Business, so the answer there is quite easy, we jail people for profit, we profit on the miss-takes of others and for that we hold them nailed to their history for Life and call them criminals.
We have created judicial systems that are so inhumane that we make nailing Jesus to the cross look lame.

According to Islamic understanding, under Sharia Law, no one can punish a man that steals for hunger or to feed his family or because he has no way to make a living because he stands as the proof that the system failed, in the Islamic scenario, the system that asks people to give back 10% of their earnings to the less fortunate. as something compulsory.

As I was listening to this person sharing I realized how many ideas I hold in my mind that are screwed about almost everything, I am not an advocate for any religion, far from it, but I don't mind someone having spelt out right that Inequality is Wrong, that not taking care of the less fortunate is inhumane, that holding anyone forever guilty for what they did that was not in alignment to what would have been best for themselves and everybody, is unacceptable.

In our group we remind each other to look at everything, keep what is good and discard the rest. Well then, I want to keep this with me, the understanding that we can have our chance for redemption only if we give it to others unconditionally and no one in this world is beyond the need for redemption, look at what we participated in, what a shame.

On a personal level, the prelude to this exchange was me sharing something that happened in the past between me and my mum, which as I went about telling, it made me cry, showing there is still a point of charge, a point in which I invested blame and judgement (isn't that what 'charging' someone is all about?) but as I talked this person replied to me that 'we were both the result of the faulty lives we lived' and on the word 'faulty' I felt no blame, no judgement but the quiet understanding that we live in a faulty world, playing out the faulty characters that we have become to the detriment of ourselves and others.

It is essential to remove all 'charges' from our lives, our memories are stored ad-hoc through our personalities eyes, emotional highs and lows and are generally manipulated to make up the story we want to paint, to make sure everyone gets it that, in My Imaginary Court of Law, I was right, that I am right even now as I keep holding the other wrong in my mind and turn him/her into a criminal, someone who committed the crime to step over one of my fail safe mechanism, making them pay for life for a crime they, either did not even commit, or committed in unawareness within circumstances I could never fully understand and making sure they are branded as a danger to me because I was unwilling to see my part in the whole play and share the responsibility and, within that, become the solution to end all judgements and release all from this hellish existence.



I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to believe I would have been better than my mother if the same circumstances were given to me to live out - without seeing, realizing and understanding that if I had been in the same circumstances, with the same past and the same programs running in my mind, I would have been her -and I would have very possibly behaved in the same way

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to believe that there is such thing as Justice in a world where we don't mind to let 2.5 billions of us go hungry because we have invented reasons called Economics or Politics that make it legal and explain why it should be so

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to regard the Law as a system where there is Equality such as in The Law is Equal for everyone, when in fact the Law is NOT Equal for everyone at all, it is more Equal for those with More Money and I don't need to look at the world systems to know that because I can see within myself that my Law doesn't apply to everyone Equally but according to gender, money, what I can profit from and the story I want to paint, making it an absolute unreliable tool to solve disputes that each one of us should start solving within ourselves instead

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to believe that we have a Justice system when in fact we have barely been able to create a retaliation System because we have never managed to overcome our spiteful nature and we took it all the way into our Judicial system as who we are

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to believe that Justice equals Retribution, without seeing, realizing and understanding that through this very word we have put a $price$ as a compensation to our abnormal behaviors instead of working to correct our ab-normality in realignment to a system that works for ourselves and everyone else

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to judge things I know nothing about, like the Islamic religion, just because I have come to a final verdict about Islam that I have absorbed through the media and my own catholic culture that fought to place itself firmly into our minds and hearts, discarding everything else without consideration - without seeing, realizing and understanding that one reason why the Islamic religion is damned, doomed and demonized is because it firmly affirms the principle of Equality and of Equal Rights of all living being and that I should never make assumptions that then turn into judgements based on my limited understanding of a topic, place or person

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to express my nasty, hateful comments and judgements about this religion out loud to spite another without seeing realizing and understanding that within judgement I am Judgemental, no matter how many good reasons I believe I have for my stand and how rightful I can picture myself out to be about something

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to use a judgement I made on something about my mum's past to make myself look like the victim of the situation and to explain why sometimes I behave the way I do, without seeing, realizing and understanding that while what she did may explain how I developed a specific trait or habit of behavior, judging and blaming her for me not changing what I realized doesn't work for me and everyone around me -is not acceptable

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to feel ashamed when my partner did not take the bait of my judgement of my mother as the reason for my behavior and instead replied that 'we were both the result of faulty lives', not letting me get away with my own responsibility for me having to change my behavior no matter how good I have become in telling 'that storyƬ and refine that judgement and make it look like, at the final verdict, I am right and she is wrong because what she did is every bit culturally unacceptable and therefore the perfect excuse for me not having to change

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to hold on to this specific memory of my mum asking me to move out of her house in my teenage years, believing that she preferred to hold on to a man that was a molester than working out things with me, instead of seeing, realizing and understanding that this is my very limited interpretation of the events that unfolded in that circumstance and that if I wanted I could always have broadened my understanding of that particular moment in mine and my mother's life but I did not do it because I saw the chance for retribution and I did not want to miss out on it

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to believe that jailing people for life for 'terrible crimes' is the right thing to do, when in fact yesterday as I listened to my partner in a state of withhold judgement of any sort, I could see the amazing common sense of what he shared and how small our system of justice suddenly looked that doesn't take into account the well being of the one that has committed the crime because he has been judged guilty and as such - deserving to suffer instead of being helped and supported to see where his actions harmed himself and others and helped to correct himself

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that all judgement is Self Judgement as we exist as One, made of the same substance, lost in separation, and everything I do to another I am doing to MySelf  and within this for having judged myself as unredemable because of what I lived and participated in and as

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to  not see, realize and understand the pettiness of our 'justice system' that has written useless laws to make sure to protect our imaginary 'private properties' that go as far as our 'images' and avatars, pictures without any substance, instead of seeing, realizing and understanding, we have created the Justice system one and equal to who we are, creatures born in an unsupportive system, hell bent to survive at any cost, creating copies of ourselves in our image and likeness out in the world systems to reflect back to us the real substance of everything we are participating in and to show us how much we need to correct ourselves to correct the system outside, one and equal



When and as I see myself wanting to, tempted to, desiring to share or replay the history between myself and my mother to make sure I get the upper hand in the PR number I am about to lay out, I stop, breathe, see realize and understand that I am about to play out the role of the plaintiff in my imaginary court of justice according to how I have learnt justice should be applied, as in crucifying people to their mistakes for life, instead I do not allow myself to participate in this pattern, watch the thoughts, emotions and feelings reactions I get when I prevent myself from stepping into the pattern and commit myself to write out the final deletion of all of them until I can stand stable whenever I rethink about my past

When and as I see myself perceiving that my mum has no right to say, do or participate with me in a way that I find challenging because she has a pending Life sentence to live out, I stop, breathe, look at what made me feel challenged to the point of desiring to hold her accountable for life and use this avenue of disclosure to work on defusing whatever it is that came up for me that needs to be redirected to a solution

When and as I see myself making a judgement or wanting to make a judgement about someone without having taken into consideration all points within their life, I stop, breathe, see realize and understand that there is no way for me yet to be able to see the sum of what this person has learnt, lived and walked to make any sort of assessment about their life, instead I work on learning to listen without judgement to anyone I share my life with, momentarily or in a more steady way

When and as I see myself judging myself or about to judge myself, I stop, breathe, see, realize and understand that self judgement is my way to in fact NOT change, which is how we created a system where people are judged and do not change, instead I suspend all judgement, I do not allow myself to move into any judgement constructs while I assess in Breath a particular point or situation and look for a solution to correct myself and the possible outcome of what I believe I have Miss-taken-ly done


I commit myself to see, realize and understand that true Justice would be to not accept anything less than what we could be and of what we could give to each other to create a world that works for all and to extend this understanding in all areas of my life until I no longer exist in and as judgement but as a point of support for myself and all of existence, Equal and One

Day 389: Me as the World Systems - The Debt System
Day 389: Me as the World Systems - The Debt System - See more at: http://adirectorjourneystolife.blogspot.com/2014/03/day-389-me-as-world-systems-debt-system.html#sthash.vrwzo5ok.dpuf
Day 389: Me as the World Systems - The Debt System - See more at: http://adirectorjourneystolife.blogspot.com/2014/03/day-389-me-as-world-systems-debt-system.html#sthash.vrwzo5ok.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment